Monday, March 24, 2014

PeraMakan Review


13th March 2014


In appreciation to the Malaysia Getaway, Cheney decided to give us a treat!
So I've chosen PerMakan at Santa Gran Hotel, Katong.
 Since my family always walked pass but didn't had the chance to eat.

Free refill of rice

Authentic Nyonya Fish Head Curry

Ngoh Hiang
*Sadly, they dont serve with my favourite honey sauce

         Chap Chye, Babi Pongteh, Itek Sio 
In translation [Vegetable Stew, Stewed Pork, Braised Duck]

Otak-Otak
[Mackeral Otah]


Pros:
1) Free refill of rice
2) Very friendly staffs/manager
3) Generous amount of seafood in the otah
4) Same Heavenly Father

Cons:
1) The fish curry is supposedly sweet but the taste is bland
2) Chap Chye missing out on the most impt-shrimps
3) Babi Pongteh and Itek Sio didnt taste the way it shld be.


Rating:

3/5 stars. Dont think I'll be going back again.

Reasons:
I've always love the rich taste of Nyonya food since I am partly from the Peranakan Origin and grew up eating Ivin's Ivin's Peranakan food (though we stopped ever since they added MSG cus my mum is allergic to). Comparatively, the food tasted really bland to me so the pricy bill didnt justify the food though Nyona food has always been small portions. It was that bad that my mum had to cook Assam Pongteh the next day cus she wasnt satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment