Monday, March 24, 2014

Ion Swensen's Ice Cream Buffet Review


22nd March 2014



Ever since Cheney started working, our "official-outing" is strictly on Saturdays ;(
Weekdays are a repetitive work-dinner-sleep routine and Sundays are devoted to church-sleep-work.

 Cheney, Glenn and I went to Scape to shop after lunch.
My beautiful buy, so in love with all the details of it. 
[Royal, Floral, Gold, Pink, Purple, Home]
for only $5!


And the small decorative pieces ranging from $0.50 to $2.20
Unfortunately my phone spoilt so waiting to get a new phone to paste on.

My sister told us about the new ice cream buffet Ion's Swensens was having, 
so we went to take a look and thought it was a reasonable price to try. 
$20.90++ for Weekend, $19.90++ for Weekday for Adults

The range of Swensen's Ice cream flavors

Their Gelato flavours


WHITE CHOCOLATE FONDUE!!

Variety of cakes.

Milk Chocolate Fondue

"Side snacks"

Generous range of toppings

First plate, Cakes!
[Green Banana, Oreo Cheesecake, Marble Swirl Cheesecake, Strawberry Cake, Chocolate Banana Cake]
*I felt the cakes were abit too sugary sweet.

Second Plate, white and milk chocolate fondue coated strawberries.
*Can be seen that the white chocolate was too watery to be thickened with the strawberries.

Plus point, their strawberries are huge!


Ice cream creation counter



Excited me didnt read the instructions and took a whole lot of my favourite toppings!

Yummy Waffle

Strawberry and Hazelnut Gelato with whipped cream and kit kat




Pros:
1) Wide range of ice cream flavours
2) Generous variety of toppings
3) White chocolate fondue
4) Nice range of cakes
5) Huge strawberries
6) Tasty waffles
7) Addictive chewy chocolate chip cookies
8) Ice cream creation counter
10) Reasonable price

Cons:
1) Ice cream has no quality taste but sweet
2) Some toppings have turned soft
3) White chocolate fondue is too watery
4) Cakes are sugary sweet

Rate:
3/5 stars, don't think I'll be back. 

Reason:
Since its an ice cream buffet, I would expect the ice cream to be of good quality but I could only taste the sweetness with no quality. Unfortunately even their gelatos. [Maybe cus I had too much New Zealand ice cream at my workplace that I can taste the difference. #truestory #notboasting]
I would prefer quality over quantity when it comes to being satisfied. But its worth the try for the price :)


1 comment: